I started out the day working with many different intercooler piping variations.. switched up the hot side and cold side.. moved them back.. tried various different routes.
Basically I’m trying to figure out a way where I can pretty much get away with 90’s and 45’s in the pipe. It will just make it that much easier for fabrication.
I was continually thinking about:
– will I have enough clearance for the coolant tank
– will I have enough clearance for the intake
– will I have enough clearance for the BOV
– bla.. bla.. bla
Then I realized I was doing it all bass-ackwards. I figured out that I should mount all my obstacles and then make up my intercooler piping to go around them.
So this afternoon I made my aluminum mounts for the forge coolant reservoir. I fabricated them out of two pieces of stock Aluminum to provide both vertical and horizontal support. It becomes kind of a “U” with support by bolting it to two spots on the block. I’ll also be able to send the mounts out to my polishing guy to get them as shiny as the tank.
Here are some pics of the tank mounted. I still have a bit of clean-up work to do around the corners of the mounts to make them smooth.