Headlights are now Working

I managed to figure out why the headlights weren’t working… I tried bulb changes yesterday, and so today I started looking at the wiring and fuses.  I figured I would track it down systematically.

The fuse box is tucked away down in my fender and sealed from water so I pulled off the front bumper and started with looking at the connections first.  I figured that since I was getting power to my high beams and signal lights that it must have something to do with the connections and not the fuse.

Turns out I was right. Some of the plugs were corroded and not getting a solid connection. I scuffed them up with a little file and some sandpaper and voila… we have headlights again 🙂

I was also able to patch the area around the gas cap. This area had a couple of small holes where the flares met the body and if they weren’t patched properly, rain water would get into my flares.  That wouldn’t be good at all.  I’ve already pulled the fares off and re-done them once, I don’t want to do it again for a long time if ever.

Of course it started to get cold out again when I was working on this area, so I had to hold a heat gun over the fiberglass resin and cloth to get it to cure properly.  But it was a successful afternoon.  I even replaced a few engine bay bolts with some fancy fasteners 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s